Convergent extensions are extensions that may have more than one terminal (inner extension) associated with it. This way, from a single point you can deliver a call to several terminals.
To add a convergent extension you need to go through the Office Phone Extension wizard:
1. Extension type - configuration
In the the first step of the wizard, you need to select an extension type. Select Convergent Extension:
2. Extension user - configuration
In the second step of the wizard you need to configure the extension details:
- Internal Number - Define the extension internal number.
- Name - Define a name for the extension.
- E-mail - Fill in with the e-mail address to which the extension will be associated.
- Password - Define or generate the extension user password.
Tip: Take note of the e-mail and password, since they are going to be used to login in the Mobile, Softphone and Console terminals.
3. Phone Number (DDI) - direct dial-in
Select and configure the phone numbers associated to this extension:
- Phone Numbers (DDIs) - Add a Phone Number to your extension. To do it:
- Click in under Phone Number (DDI). A dialog will open.
- The dialog window will display the available Phone Numbers:
- Check the Assigned box to add the desired number to your extension. Click save to commit your choice.
- The wizard will now be updated with the selected phone number. If you want an Outgoing Number repeat these steps in the Outgoing Number field.
4. Inner Extensions - configuration
To add inner extensions, until a maximum of three, to your convergent extension, you must:
- Select, from the drop-down menu the type of inner extension.
- In the case of a physical extension, define the number of Maximum Calls the extension can handle. You can insert a number between 1 and 6.
- Click in the Save icon to add the extension.
5. Waiting queue - configuration
Check Waiting queue to this extension to enable a waiting queue for the extension. This way, if all inner extensions in the convergent extension are occupied, the caller will receive a waiting queue message and will be put in queue, until an extension is available to pick up his call.
You can customize the Waiting Queue Message by typing a text to speech message, or by uploading a sound message:
6. Monitoring - permissions
Define the permissions for monitoring in this extension:
- Recording - Check if you want to Enable recording for this extension.
- Call Monitoring - In call monitoring you can:
- Check Can be monitored, in you want to have the extension calls monitored.
- Check Can monitor if you want the extension to be able to monitor calls.
7. Dial plan - description
Select the extension Dial Plan. The dial plan defines the rules when the extension is making a call:
- Internal - selecting internal will extension can only be used in calls done in the context of this tenant Office Phone. No outside calls are allowed.
- National - selecting National will allow this extension to make calls to internal and domestic numbers.
- International - selecting International will allow this extension to any number.
8. Terminal - physical SIP phone (only if you selected a physical extension in the Inner extensions)
Fill in all the information about the physical phone associated with this extension:
- Terminal name - type the desired name for the Phone.
- MAC Address - insert the phone MAC address.
- Model - select, from the drop-down, the model of the phone you are using.
Warning: To know how to provision the physical extensions that you are going to use in your convergent extension, see the guide to provision hardphones in Nubitalk.
9. BLFs - configuration
If you have physical extensions or consoles in your inner extensions, you can configure BLFs for your extensions. To do it:
- Click add in the BLF line you want to assign another extension.
- An extension selection page will pop up:
- Click + to add the extension to the BLF line. The extension will be shown as assigned to the BLF line:
10. Voicemail - configuration
If you want to use voicemail, check Do you want to enable free voice mail? to enable the voice mail for this extension. The fill in the following parameters:
- Pin - type the desired pin code that a user must enter to access this extension voicemail.
- Welcome message - Upload or write a greeting message for your voicemail:
- Create a text to speech, by clicking in Text To Speech. A dialog will pop up where you can type you message and select the used voice.
- Upload an audio message by clicking in Upload. A dialog will pop up where you can browse and add a .MP3/.WAV file.
You can always preview the audio clip, by clicking in Play.
- Send each voicemail as attachment to e-mail account? - check this flag if you want to send the voicemail recordings to an e-mail address. Then, type a valid e-mail address in the text box.
11. Forwarding - configuration
Here you can configure call forwarding for calls incoming to this extension. You can define forwarding for:
- Always - any incoming call will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Busy - for example, when this extension is on a call, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Fail - if there is any problem in delivering the call to this extension, a network failure, for example, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Timeout - if a call is not answered by the extension in the defined time, in seconds, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
To define a number or a group to forward to:
- On the desired forwarding condition, click . A dialog will pop-up:
- Select, by clicking in , to which, extension, group or voicemail, you want to forward the calls.
12. Groups - associate groups
Associate the extension to groups. To do it, drag and drop the desired groups from Available to Assigned.
Confirm all the configurations and click save to add the extension.
To use the convergent extension
You can use the convergent extension on both software applications and mobile apps or with hardphones. To do it:
- Software applications/Mobile Apps - can access your selected terminals and login with the e-mail and password defined during the extension creation wizard.
- Hardphones - provision the hardphone as explained and use it with no further configurations required.