Groups, are sets of extensions that are relatable to each other. For example, if you have a Sales team in your company, you can group all his extensions in a group. This way, any call received within the group can be answered by the entire group.
In the Nubitalk portal you can:
Adding a group
To add a group:
- In the Nubitalk homepage, click in manage
- Inside Manage, click groups
- A groups list will open, click to add a new group
- A wizard with multiple steps will open. In the first step, you have to fill in the Group Name and the Internal Number, then click next:
- On step 2, fill in or search the group's Phone Number and check if you want to enable call recording for the group, then click next:
- On step 3, you must define:
- One after the other - The call will ring on one extension after another from the order defined on step 4.
- All at the same time - The call will ring on all extensions at the same time.
- Randomly - The call will be delivered to a random extension of the group.
- Ring Strategy - The ring strategy defines the way the calls are delivered to the group. Select one of the following from the drop down menu:
- Ring Time - Define how much time, in seconds, the call will ring in the group.
- Cyclic - if you check Cyclic to this group? a call will continue to ring through the team extensions after all extensions have been contacted. When a call reaches all extensions without being answered it will complete the cycle to the first extension, and so on.
- Waiting Queue - If you enable the waiting queue, if all extensions in the group are occupied, the caller will receive a waiting queue message, than you can customize, and will be put in queue, until an extension is available to pick up his call.
- you must select the access pin
- you can customize a welcome message by using the text to speech tool or by uploading an audio clip
- you can select whether or not you want to send incoming voicemail messages by email to the group.
After you made your configuration click next:
Tip: To access a group voicemail, you have to dial the voicemail number (usually 123) plus the DDI of the group, without the calling code.
For example if your group DDI is +44212121, to contact the group voicemail from a group extension, the extension must dial 123212121 and then insert the defined pin.
To edit a group:
- Go to your group list, as explained in the adding groups topic
- The existing groups will appear:
- Click , under Actions, to edit the selected group. The groups wizard will open
- Select the field you want to edit by clicking in the corresponding step:
- Edit the field and then click submit to commit your changes.
To delete a group:
- Go to your groups list, as explained in the adding groups topic
- The existing groups will appear.
- Click , under Actions, to delete the selected group
- A confirmation pop-up will appear:
- Click delete to confirm the deletion.