A physical extension is an office phone extension that is connected to a physical telephone. To add a physical extension you need through the Office Phone Extension wizard:
1. Extension user - configuration
In the first step of the wizard, you need to select an extension type and fill in some essential information:
- Extension type - select Physical Extension from the dropdown menu
- Name - type the extension desired name
- Internal number - type the desired internal number for the extension. This is the number to which any other extension can call to reach this extension.
- E-mail - define the e-mail address associated with the extension. This is necessary to receive recordings.
2. Phone Number (DDI) - direct dial-in
Select and configure the phone numbers associated to this extension:
- Phone Numbers (DDIs) - Add a Phone Number to your extension. To do it:
- Click in under Phone Number (DDI). A dialog will open.
- The dialog window will display the available Phone Numbers:
- Check the Assigned box to add the desired number to your extension. Click save to commit your choice.
- The wizard will now be updated with the selected phone number. If you want an Outgoing Number repeat these steps in the Outgoing Number field.
3. Dial Plan - description
Select the extension Dial Plan. The dial plan defines the rules when the extension is making a call:
- Internal - selecting internal will extension can only be used in calls done in the context of this tenant Office Phone. No outside calls are allowed.
- National - selecting National will allow this extension to make calls to internal and domestic numbers.
- International - selecting International will allow this extension to any number.
4. Terminal - physical SIP phone
Fill in all the information about the physical phone associated with this extension:
- Terminal name - type the desired name for the Phone.
- MAC Address - insert the phone MAC address.
- Model - select, from the dropdown, the model of the phone you are using.
5. Voicemail - configuration
If you want to use voicemail, check Do you want to enable free voice mail? to enable the voice mail for this extension. The fill in the following parameters:
- Pin - type the desired pin code that a user must enter to access this extension voicemail.
- Welcome message - Upload or write a greeting message for your voicemail:
- Create a text to speech, by clicking in Text To Speech. A dialog will pop up where you can type you message and select the used voice.
- Upload an audio message by clicking in Upload. A dialog will pop up where you can browse and add a .MP3/.WAV file.
You can always preview the audio clip, by clicking in Play.
- Send each voicemail as attachment to e-mail account? - check this flag if you want to send the voicemail recordings to an e-mail address. Then, type a valid e-mail address in the text box.
6. Groups - associate groups
Associate the extension to groups. To do it, drag and drop the desired groups from Available to Assigned.
7. Forwarding - configuration
Here you can configure call forwarding for calls incoming to this extension. You can define forwarding for:
- Always - any incoming call will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Busy - for example, when this extension is on a call, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Fail - if there is any problem in delivering the call to this extension, a network failure, for example, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Timeout - if a call is not answered by the extension in the defined time, in seconds, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
To define a number or a group to forward to:
- On the desired forwarding condition, click . A dialog will pop-up:
- Select, by clicking in , to which, extension, group or voicemail, you want to forward the calls.
Confirm all the configurations and click submit to add the extension.
9. Provision the hardphones
After you created your physical extension, depending on the phone you are using you need to configure the phone. Check, Provisioning Hardphones to see instructions on how to do it.