A Softphone is an office phone extension that is connected through a software used on your computer. To add a softphone extension you need to go through the Office Phone Extension wizard:
1. Extension user - configuration
In the first step of the wizard, you need to select an extension type and fill in some essential information:
- Extension type - select Softphone from the dropdown menu
- Name - type the extension desired name
- Internal number - type the desired internal number for the extension. This is the number to which any other extension can call to reach this extension.
- E-mail - define the e-mail address associated with the extension. This is necessary login in the Office Phone applications.
- Password - define the password used to login in the Office Phone applications.
2. Phone Number (DDI) - direct dial-in
Select and configure the phone numbers associated to this extension:
- Phone Numbers (DDIs) - Add a Phone Number to your extension. To do it:
- Click in under Phone Number (DDI). A dialog will open.
- The dialog window will display the available Phone Numbers:
- Check the Assigned box to add the desired number to your extension. Click save to commit your choice.
- The wizard will now be updated with the selected phone number. If you want an Outgoing Number repeat these steps in the Outgoing Number field.
3. Dial Plan - description
Select the extension Dial Plan. The dial plan defines the rules when the extension is making a call:
- Internal - selecting internal will extension can only be used in calls done in the context of this tenant Office Phone. No outside calls are allowed.
- National - selecting National will allow this extension to make calls to internal and domestic numbers.
- International - selecting International will allow this extension to any number.
4. Voicemail - configuration
If you want to use voicemail, check Do you want to enable free voice mail? to enable the voice mail for this extension. The fill in the following parameters:
- Pin - type the desired pin code that a user must enter to access this extension voicemail.
- Welcome message - Upload or write a greeting message for your voicemail:
- Create a text to speech, by clicking in Text To Speech. A dialog will pop up where you can type you message and select the used voice.
- Upload an audio message by clicking in Upload. A dialog will pop up where you can browse and add a .MP3/.WAV file.
You can always preview the audio clip, by clicking in Play.
- Send each voicemail as attachment to e-mail account? - check this flag if you want to send the voicemail recordings to an e-mail address. Then, type a valid e-mail address in the text box.
5. Groups - associate groups
Associate the extension to groups. To do it, drag and drop the desired groups from Available to Assigned.
6. Forwarding - configuration
Here you can configure call forwarding for calls incoming to this extension. You can define forwarding for:
- Always - any incoming call will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Busy - for example, when this extension is on a call, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Fail - if there is any problem in delivering the call to this extension, a network failure, for example, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
- On Timeout - if a call is not answered by the extension in the defined time, in seconds, incoming calls will be delivered to the selected number or group.
To define a number or a group to forward to:
- On the desired forwarding condition, click . A dialog will pop-up:
- Select, by clicking in , to which, extension, group or voicemail, you want to forward the calls.
Confirm all the configurations and click submit to add the extension.